Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Words that melt my heart

So we were at a soccer game.  It had been a long weekend and the game was late on Sunday - 5:15 in the evening.  25 minutes away...not really feeling like attending but not feeling like staying home either - I went:)  We pulled up to a horrible field lined with sandy dirt (ya know what I mean?).  I felt dirty already and I was still in the van.  Jake woke up the second we pulled up - figures - and so we headed down to the "field".  Ella immediately wanted to play in the sand/dirt so I reluctantly said okay.  She played her heart out and was FILTHY.  I mean filthy by the time the game was over. But the words that were over heard coming from her mouth.  Those words made the whole night worth wile.  Another little girl asked Ella how it was to have a brother (she was referring to Noah) and Ella said "it's good, sometimes he gets on my nerves but really he's my BEST friend"!  And as we left the soccer field, dirt and all, she (Ella) yelled out "this was the best day ever!"  I often wish for just a little of her joy! Love, love, love those sweet moments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment